Furniture is made to be used and enjoyed every day. Here are some ways to keep damage from everyday use to a minimum:
- Use coasters to prevent spills, stains and damage from food and beverages.
- Keep solvents, alcohol, nail polish and polish removers away from furniture surfaces.
- Blot all spills immediately.
- Pick up (don't slide) lamps and other objects when dusting the furniture's surface.
- Lift (don't drag) furniture to move it.
- Gently open and close doors, drawers and lids.
Article is closed for comments.